NIMS University Admission to MBBS/BDS Course :
Information Brochure & Application Form:
This is common for entrance examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses.
- Issue of Information Brochure and Application Form: The prospectus containing Application Form for entrance examination for admission for the academic year 2013-12 can be obtained from the office of the Nims University, Shobha Nagar (Jaipur-Delhi Highway), Jaipur-303121 or Nims University, NIMS City Centre, 4, Govind Marg, Near Moti Doongari Circle, Jaipur-302004 during working hours in person by submitting the demand draft of Rs.2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) drawn in favour of NIMS University, Jaipur payable at Jaipur. If the form is required by post, send a D.D. of Rs.2,080/- (Rupees Two Thousand Eighty only). Application Form can also be downloaded from the website www.nimsuniversity.org and send the filled-in form along with requisite fee.
- Last date & Address for submission of filled-in Application Form: The completed Application Form along with necessary enclosures/ documents must be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post or by hand to the Controller of Examinations & Admissions, Nims University, NIMS City Centre, 4, Govind Marg, Near Moti Doongari Circle, Jaipur-302004. The last date of submission of duly filled in Application Form by the candidates is 15th May 2013 (5:00 PM).
- The admit card containing roll number and name of the examination centre will be sent to the candidate by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier. In case the admit card is not received by 24th May 2013, contact the Controller of Examinations & Admissions. The candidates are advised to look into the website their name & centre of examination in the list of admit cards. Duplicate admit card can be issued at the centre of examination after payment of Rs.100/- up to 2 hours before the start of examinations. Candidate will be required to report at the examination centre along with a photograph and identity proof to the University Observer at the Examination Centre. The University Observer after confirming the identity of the candidate will issue duplicate admit card. Candidates are advised to paste most recent photograph only on the admission form to avoid identification problem. Candidates are advised to visit our website for details regarding Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/ Dental Examination 2013 and Results. In fact we advise the candidate to visit our website regularly. No separate advertisement will be issued before the examination regarding examination centres. Nims University shall not be responsible for candidate not visiting website.
Selection procedure and Admission:
Selection of the candidates shall be on the basis of the merit list of the Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/Dental Examination 2013. The selection will be based on merit-cum-choice for the course.
A Common Admission Test (MCQ type) will be held for the admission to UG programme. Following are the general instructions for test:
- Use only ballpoint pen to mark your responses in the Answer Sheet.
- For every question, there are four responses, only one of which is correct. Select only one response which you think is the most appropriate and indicate your choice in the answer sheet by putting Cross Mark on the appropriate answer box.
- Do not make any stray marks on the Answer Sheet. Do not fold, tear, roll or multilate your Answer Sheet in any manner.
- Candidates are required to bring their own Stationary Items required to attempt the Admission Test.
- Use of Mobile Phones / Pagers / Calculators or any other electronic gadgets are strictly not allowed in the Examination Hall.
- All Admission Tests shall be conducted at the Nims University, Shobha Nagar (Jaipur-Delhi Highway), Jaipur-303121. The Examination Centre assigned to each candidate shall be clearly mentioned in his/her Admit Card. Candidates are advised to see the seating arrangement chart which shall be displayed on the Notice board of the concerned Examination Centre one day before the test date.
- Candidates appearing at the Admission Test shall have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging.
Cancellation of Admission & withdrawal from the course:
- The provisional admission of the student, who has paid admission fees but fails to join the course at the university within the time limit communicated, is liable to be cancelled, and the tuition fee paid will not be refunded.
- For getting admission/registration in the Nims University the tuition fee (full/part), registration charge (full/part) and any other charges, fee (full/part) which a candidate has deposited to the university, shall not be refunded on any pretext even if he will not take admission.
- After the admission formalities are completed, if a candidate wants cancellation of his admission due to one or the other reasons, or if he discontinues his studies or requests for cancellation of his admission from the course, even though, he has not attended any class, fee/any other charges paid by him, will not be refunded to him on any pretext and he shall be required to deposit fee for remaining years (duration) of the course also as he has exploited one seat of the programme/ discipline for remaining period of the programme.
- In case of candidate has paid fee in part and he requests cancellation of admission, he shall not be refunded fee paid by him.
Number of Seats:
- MBBS – 85*
- BDS – 85
*Seats may increase subject to the approval by Government of India.
Pattern and Scheme of the Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/Dental Examination 2013
- Character: The proposed entrance examination will be of All India character and students not only from Rajasthan domicile but also from any part of India as well as Foreign Nationals/ NRI’s are eligible to appear in this Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/ Dental Examination 2013 provided that the candidates fulfill other eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS/ BDS course as per the rules and regulations of the MCI/ DCI.
- Standard for Examination: The standard of questions in the paper shall be broadly based on ten plus two (10+2) Senior Secondary examination of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Written Entrance Examination: Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/ Dental Examination 2013 shall consist of a objective type multiple choice written exam only. A candidate must secure 50% of total aggregate (40% for ST/SC/OBC) as per the MCI/DCI regulations. Candidates obtaining 50% and above (40% and above for ST/SC/OBC) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology together with at least 33% marks individually in each subject in written examination shall be placed in merit list on the websit:-http://www.nimsuniversity.org/
- Pattern of Entrance Examination question paper:The entrance examination shall be conducted in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology of 10+2 level. The question paper will be in English.The question paper for the entrance examination will comprise of 200 one-best choice-out-of-four type multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
The number of questions shall be:
Physics – 50 Chemistry – 50 Biology – 100
The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 2½ hours. Each question shall carry equal marks.There will be Negative Marking.
- Examination Centre: The examination will be held at Nims University Rajasthan, Shobha Nagar (Jaipur-Delhi Highway), Jaipur-303121. Additional centres may be arranged if considered necessary. This will be informed to the applicants beforehand on the website: www.nimsuniversity.org
Regulations for Admission to MBBS/ BDS Course (2013-2012)
Ordinance of the Nims University Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in MBBS / BDS Course: No candidates shall be allowed to be admitted to the first year of the MBBS / BDS course until:
- He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2013.
- He/she has passed senior secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination from any recognized Board which is equivalent to 10+2 examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of the study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology with English as compulsory subject (English at a level not less than the core course of English as prescribed by the NCERT). He must have obtained minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes (OBC), the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together be 40% instead of 50%
- Candidates who have appeared for 10+2 examination can also appear in the Entrance Test. However, even after their selection, the admission will be subject to condition laid down in He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2013.
|1||Date of commencement of issue of Application Forms||1st March 201|
|2||Last date of submitting application||15th May 2013 (5:00 PM)
|3||Date and time of Entrance Examination||29th May 2013 (10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.)
|4||*Publication of the Final Result||On or before 15th June 2013|
|5||Counseling/Verification of documents & Medical Examination of provisionally selected
Candidates and payment of the prescribed fees
|Dates to be intimated by Registered Post & on website.
|6||Issue of chance memo for seats remaining vacant & second counseling.||To be notified after the first counseling.
|7||Commencement of regular class||1st August 2013|
|8||Admission on resultant vacancies from merit list of Nims University All India Combined Pre-Medical/Dental Examination 2013 / Merit of qualifying examination||Up to 30th September 2013 which is last and final date for admission for session concerned|
* The Result will be displayed on the website www.nimsuniversity.org No separate mark sheet will be dispatched. The Student is required to note these dates carefully.
- The resultant/consequential admissions for any or all the arising reason shall be completed by 30th September 2013 i.e. the vacancies in all categories if any shall be filled on or before 30.09.2013. No admission shall be made beyond 30th September 2013.
- In case where a student has been admitted to the course after the commencement of classes through the waiting list or otherwise on or before30th September 2013 the period of training and duration of course will be reckoned from the date of commencement of regular classes in August, 2013 and not from the date of their actual admission.
- The Result will be displayed on the website www.nimsuniversity.org only.
- No separate mark sheet will be dispatched.
- No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents / photocopy of certificates / Test Fees shall not be returned.
- Tuition Fee: In pursuance of the direction of Supreme Court of India, the fee structure for MBBS & BDS courses is as below:
Tuition Fee for MBBS - Rs.2.90 Lac/annum
Tuition Fee for BDS - Rs.1.65 Lac/annum
- The fee structure may change if directed by Fee Regulating Committee constituted under the direction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Selected candidate may be required to furnish bank guarantee for the course fee at the time of admission.
Some Important Links Related to NIMS University 2013:
- NIMS University 2013
- NIMS University 2013 Notification
- NIMS University 2013 Eligibility criteria
- NIMS University 2013 Important Dates
- NIMS University 2013 Application Submission Process
- NIMS University 2013 Faq's
For More Information Regarding Medical Entrance Exam 2013:-