Admission Procedure MBBS Course:
- Submission of the application form for JSSU-UGET – 2013 entrance test by post or in person along with Photographs and other enclosures on or before 29.04.2013 at 5.00 pm.
- The application downloaded from the Website of the University should be accompanied by a DD for Rs. 2,000/- drawn in favour of “JSS University fee account , Mysore” payable at Mysore.
- The JSSU-UGET – 2013 entrance test will be held on SATURDAY, 21.05.2013 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the examination centers in the following cities:
- Announcement of the JSSU-UGET 2013 merit list on website will be done on 15.06.2013
- The counseling will be held at JSS University, Mysore for UG Medical (MBBS) course on 01.07.2013 (Provisional Date).The counseling process will be announced on the website http://www.jssuni.edu.in.
|Date of issue of Application form & Brochure (http://www.jssuni.edu.in)||20.03.2013|
|Date for receipt of filled application form for registration by the University by post||29.04.2013|
|Last Date for receipt of filled application form for registration in the University in person||29.04.2013|
|Last date of dispatch of TAT (Test Admission Ticket)cards through post by the university||11.05.2013|
|Date of Entrance Test.||21.05.2013 (Saturday)
02.00 pm to 05.00 Pm
|Announcement of test result / Score.||15.06.2013|
|Date of counselling||01.07.2013|
|Commencement of Academic session||01.08.2013|
Details of the courses offered:
|UG Medical Programmes||M.B.B.S.|
|Total MBBS admissions per year||150|
|Course duration in years||4½|
|Internship in years||1|
|Commencement of the Academic year||01.08.2013|
Instructions to the candidate:
- Students will be admitted to UG Medical (MBBS) course in the constituent college of JSS University, JSS Medical College, Mysore, on the basis of the rank obtained by them in the JSSU – UGET -2013 entrance test.
- The JSSU UGET – 2013 entrance test is mandatory for candidates seeking admission for the undergraduate MBBS course. A merit / rank list is generated
- based on the candidate's scores in entrance test.
• 15% of total seats are reserved for NRI / Foreign / PIO.
• 5% of the seats are reserved for Institutional preference.
- JSSU-UGET – 2013 test score are valid only for admission during the academic year 2013.
- The JSSU-UGET – 2013 entrance test and publication of test score and rank will be followed by counselling.
- Admission of the students will be on 'Inter-se' merit of JSSU-UGET-2013.
- Decision of the authorities of JSS University in case of disputes will be final.
- The candidate seeking admission to any of these courses should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination 10+2 / PUC II / HSC or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or any other examination equivalent to 10+2/ HSC examination of any recognized Board / University from any School / Colleges in India / Abroad after 12 years of study. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject. Those who have passed the prescribed qualifying examination earlier than March / April 2009 are not eligible to apply.
- The General Merit Candidate should have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Medical Council of India (MCI) norms the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in PCB, Further must secure not less than 50% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSSU - UGET-2013).
- The SC, ST , OBC and CAT – I Candidate of Karnataka should have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Medical Council of India (MCI) norms the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 40% of marks taken together in PCB, Further must secure not less than 40% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSSU - UGET-2013).
- Age: The candidate should complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the MBBS course. (31.12.2013)
- Candidates who are likely to appear or who have appeared for qualifying examination i.e. PUC-II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent but whose results have not been declared will also be considered to appear for JSSU–UGET-2013, provided they have appeared for the said examination. However it is responsibility of the applicant to ensure the HSC/10+2/PUC marks card copy is sent to the University specifying the TAT No. (Test Admission Ticket Number) before 10.06.2013, failing which, the tie in the rank will be declared on the basis of the University rules, which shall be binding the candidate.
A candidate desirous of appearing in the JSSU-UGET – 2013 entrance test for Undergraduate Medical Course is required to complete the prescribed application form and submit to the University in the following ways:
- A candidate is required to download the prescribed application form from the University website: www.jssuni.edu.in and submit the completed form to the University on or before the scheduled date . The downloaded and printed application form should be sent along with a processing fee of Rs. 2,000/- only by way of DD favouring “JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT”, MYSORE, payable at Mysore along with the documents listed below. *
- Candidates may also obtain the application form along with the Brochure by sending a application fee of Rs. 200/- only by way of DD favouring “JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT”, MYSORE , payable at Mysore. The duly filled application form should be sent to the University along with documents listed below enclosing DD for Rs. 2,000/- favouring “JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT”, MYSORE, payable at Mysore.
Annual fee structure:
|M.B.B.S.||Rs 3,50,000/-+ Other fee ( per year)|
• Hostel facility is available both for boys and girls. The candidates desirous of seeking admission to hostels will have to apply in prescribed form. The hostel fees shall be charged separately.
• Differences of opinion and disputes arising in the interpretation and implementation of the clauses in the brochure, if any, will be referred to the Vice- Chancellor, JSS University, Mysore, and his decision shall be final and binding on all concerned.
Fore more detail: Click here
Download Application Form : Click here
JSS Medical Institutions Campus
Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagar,
Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka, India
Some important links :
- JSSU-UGET 2013
- JSSU-UGET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- JSSU-UGET 2013 Application Submission Process
- JSSU-UGET 2013 Important Dates
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2013:-