The Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, the green & beautiful campus with serene & tranquil surrondings, attractive buildings, comfortable hostels, amenitites, library facilities & friendly faculty; it is an ideal place for learning.
Important Dates for KAIET 2013
|1||Sale of infomation brochure and application Forms at Karad||21/3/2013 to 10/5/2013|
|Submission of application forms||On or before 20/5/2013
|3||Dispatch of Admit Cards by Post||1st week of May|
|4||Day, Date & of Examination||Thursday 26/5/2013
2:00 to 5:00 pm.
|5||Schedule of Examination
|6||Declaration of Results||18/6/2013 on Notice
Board & Website
|7||Last date of Application for Verification of marks||23/6/2013|
|8||Final Merit List||27/6/2013|
|9||Date of counseling||04/7/201 1|
|10||Cut-off date of admission process||30/9/201 1|
Centres for KAIET 2013
|Sr. No.||City||Code No.|
Note: The place of Entrance Test at each center will be as declared on the website of KIMSU, well in advance.
- Price of Information Brochure and Application Form : Rs. 500/-
- Entrance Test fee : Rs. 1000/- (upto 20th May, 2013)
The First 300 candidates whose names are included in the merit list, prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the KAIET-2013, and who fultill the eligibility criteria, shall attend the Counseling session. Admission schedule for MBBS will be as under:
|04/07/2013||001 to 100||10.00 a.m. onwards|
|05/07/2013||101 to 200||10.00 a.m. onwards|
|06/07/2013||201 to 300||10.00 a.m. onwards|
Dates for further counseling will be announced on the website depending onthe availability of vacant seats.
Admission schedule for B.P.Th. & B.Sc. (N)
28/06/2013 10.00 a.m. Onwards
Any changes in the counseling dates will be notified on the website.
Competent Authority means
The Controller of Examinations (COE),
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University,
The Competent Authority will supervise the conduction of KAIET-2013, evaluation of answer sheets and declaration of results & merit list. The Competent Authority will issue necessary executive instructions for implementation of those rules and provide relevant information to be published and communicated.
The Competent Authority will conduct the KAIET-2013 examination, evaluate and declare the results on the Official Website of the KIMSDU. Competent Authority will be the chairperson of the Appeal Committee for representations, queries & complaints of the candidates.
Note : For any clarification and genuine doubts, difliculties, approach the Competent Authority.
Exam Pattern of KAIET 2013
The KAIET 2013 will consist of 1 common question paper in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology(Botany & Zoology) consisting of 200 Multiple choice questions (MCQs), 50 in Physics, 50 in Chemistry and 100 in Biology. There is no choice among the questions. The candidate is expected to attempt all the 200 questions.. Out of four circles provided for selection of answers against a question, the candidate should fill up one circle only. Each correct answer will be given one mark. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers. Scratching, overwriting, tick marks & multiple answers will be considered as wrong answers and no marks will be awarded to them.
Duration of examination will be of 3 hours. The medium of examination shall be English only. No candidate will be allowed to appear for KAIET 2013 unless he/she holds Admit Card issued by the Competent Authority.
SCHEDULE OF KAIET 2013
|26/05/2013||2:00 to 5:00 pm||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
Availability of Forms:
Online Application Form available on our website www.kimsuniversity.in can be submitted within the stipulated time as per the following instructions:
Relevant and complete information and data entry is to be made in the online application format by the candidate to download the application form.
Hard copy of the downloaded application form along with the Demand Draft of Rs 1,500/- in favor of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, payable at Karad should be submitted within the stipulated time to:
The Competent Authority,
Krishna Institue of Medical Sciences University,
Near Dhebewadi Road,
Karad - 415110
The downloaded application form must have the recent color photograph of the candidate, signature of the candidate, left thumb impression, signature of candidate's parent/guardian. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Online submitted fom's will be accepted only after receiving the hard copy of the application form and the Demand Draft of Rs 1,500/-. Candidates who have applied online will know the status of application by student login.
- Offline Application form will also be available at the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University oflice, Karad,(9.00 am to 5.00 pm) on payment ofRs 500/- and by post with an additional payment of Rs 100/-, by DD in favor of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, payable at Karad. Thefilled form should reach the university on or before the scheduled date along with a DD of Rs 1000/- .
Some Points to be Remember :
a. The application form must be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting using black ballpoint pen. Paste a recent colour photograph in box provided in the application form. lt is expected that the candidate will have same appearance at the time of examination as in the photograph. Photographs pasted on the application form and on Receipt Cum Identity should be the same. A hazy photograph or any other discrepancy may lead to rejection of application form without any notice at any stage of admission process.
b. Application Fom submitted by Post must be accompanied by a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with Receipt-cum-Identity card for acknowledgment.
c. Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
d. The authorised official at the centre accepting the Application Fom shall issue Receipt Cum Identity Card attesting the photograph of the candidate with his signature and stamp.
The admit card will indicate Roll no and Examination centre allotted to the candidate with its address.Admit Card should be downloaded from our University Websitewww.kimsuniversity.in.
ln case, a candidate does not receive the Admit Card (Hall Ticket) before the stipulated date, he/she should contact University office immediately. Arrangements will be made for the issue of duplicate Admit cards at the 'Help Desk' established at respective examination centres. ln such a situation, candidate should bring two identical copies of his/her photographs which are affixed to application form along with his/her proof of submission /posting of online printed application form or school/college identity card or photocopy of the submitted application form. In case, no proof is submitted duplicate Admit card will not be issued.
Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate will be eligible for admission in Health Science Courses i.e. MBBS, BDS, B.P.Th., B.Sc. Nursing, for the academic year 2013 -12 on fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The candidates shall be an Indian National/NRl/ Foreign Nationals. The candidate is required to produce proof in support of his/her Nationality from a District Magistrate, Additional Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate.
- The candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31 December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course to be eligible to appear forKAIET 2013. The Secondary School Certificate (i.e. SSC) or equivalent examination certificate or the certificates of age and nationality endorsing the date of birth will constitute the valid proof.
- The candidate must be medically fit and must submit a certificate of medical fitness as per performa.
- A candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or equivalent examination (with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology as subjects).
Qualifying Examination for various courses :
1. For M.B.B.S. and BDS : A candidate to open category must have obtained not less than 50% (i.e. 150 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 40% (i.e. 120 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) examination.
2. For BSC (Nursing) : A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. A candidate belonging to backward class must have obtained not less than 40 % marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together at HSC (or equivalent) exam.
3. For B.PTh : Clause 1 & 2 is not applicable. Passing grade at HSC/ 12th standard or equivalent examination is however necessary.
4. The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination i.e. HSC (or equivalent exam.), in February/ March 2013 are eligible to appear for KAIET 2013, however, they must fulfill the eligibility condition at the time of admission.
5. The above eligibility criteria is also applicable to NRI and Foreign Nationals, however they shall submit equivalence certificate obtained from appropriate Authorities.
6 CET Marks Eligibility for Admission to MBBS & BDS Courses
- A candidate belonging to open category must secure not less than 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together at KAIET 2013.
- A candidate belonging to backward class must secure not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together in the KAIET - 2013.
7. Eligibility conditions may vary in accordance with Judicial Pronouncements and orders issued by appropriate Authorities from time to time.
Annual Fees Structure :
|Course||General Category||NRI/PIO/Foreign students|
|B. Sc. Nursing||60,000||------------|
The admission to the course shall be carried out as per the following procedure.
- Intake Capacity : 150
Increase in intake from 100 to 150 is subject to approval from MCI and Govt. of India.
Distribution of Seats :
The distribution of Seats will be as follows :
- General Category : 85%
- NRI/PIO/FN Category :15% (N.R.l.-Non-Resident Indian, PIO-Persons of Indian Origin FN-Foreign National)
Reservations will be as per directives of the Govemment of India issued through the UGC and applicable to Universities declared under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
Procedure and Definitions:
- General Category : Admissions to this category shall be made on the basis of the inter se merit of the candidates qualified at KAIET 2013 .
- NRI/PIO/FN Category: A person belonging to this category is not required to appear at the KAIET 2013. However, he/she shall submit a separate application, in the specifically prescribed form, available in the oflice of University and on the University Website. A committee for the purpose, shall admit candidates on the basis of inter se merit of the applicants, (decided on the basis of the academic record of the candidate, the standing of the Institutions from which the candidate has obtained the entry qualitications etc.,).
Further information, if any, about Entrance Test, will be uploaded and notified regularly on the Website :www.kimsuniversity.in
Some important links :
- KAIET 2013
- KAIET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- KAIET 2013 Application Submission Process
- KAIET 2013 Important Dates
- KAIET 2013 faq
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2013:-