The Medical Counselling Committee has RELEASED the complete Process, Detailed Schedule and Seat Allotment Process and Admission Methodology for NEET UG 2013 Counselling for admission in undergraduate medical courses in various colleges under NEET UG. All the exam takers can see complete details as well as the detailed schedule as follows.
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – Date, Detailed Schedule:
- Online Registration, Choice Filling and Indicative Seat for Main Counselling: 10.07.2013 to 15.07.2013 (5 pm)
- Choice Submission and Locking of Options: 16.07.2013 and 17.07.2013 (5 pm)
- Round 1 Sear Allotment Process: 18.07.2013 and 19.07.2013
- Result of Round 1 Allotment of NEET UG 2013 Counselling: 20/07/2013
- Physical Reporting at Allotted College: 20.07.2013 to 29.07.2013 (5 pm)
- Round 2 Seat Allotment Process: 30.07.2013 and 31.07.2013
- Result of Round 2 Seat Allotment: 1.08.2013
- Physical Reporting at institute allotted in Round 2 of NEET UG 2013 Counselling: 1.08.2013 to 1.08.2013 (5 pm)
- Compiling and Publishing of Vacant Seats: 11.08.2013 to 12.08.2013
- FRESH Submission of Choices for 3rd Round by already registered candidates of the below mentioned categories: 13.08.2013 to 16.08.2013 (5 pm):
Candidates allotted seats in earlier round, joined the seat and submitted their willingness for participating in 3rd Round.
Candidates who Registered Online for counselling and didn’t get any seat in 1st or 2nd round of NEET UG 2013 Counselling.
The last category of candidates will be the ones whose category has been CHANGED and they became eligible in changed category.
- Round 3 Seat Allotment Process: 17.08.2013 and 18.08.2013
- Result Declaration for Round 3: 19.08.2013
- Physical Reporting at the colleges allotted in Round 3 of NEET UG 2013 Counselling: 19.08.2013 to 29.08.2013 (5 pm)
- Transfer of Vacant Seats to State Quota Seats: 30.08.2013
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – Participating Institutes & All India Quota Scheme:
- The scheme for selecting candidates for admissions in Undergraduate Medical Programmes for admission under 15% of All India Quota seats will be applicable to all the Medical/Dental Colleges/Institutions throughout the nation as per the directives of Hon’ble Court and no Medical/Dental Colleges/Institute will hereafter conduct its own competitive entrance examination or these seats on all-India basis.
- However the States of Jammu & Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh, have been excluded by the Supreme Court because of their judgments in this regard.
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – Reservation Details:
- Scheduled Castes: 15%
- Schedule Tribes: 7.5%
- OBC (Central Education Institutions): 27%
- Physically Handicapped (Horizontal Reservation): 3%
NOTE: Candidates who want to claim seats under Physically Handicapped category are advised to go through the official brochure of NEET UG 2013 Counselling for reservation guidelines.
During the Process of Counselling, candidates will be required to go through the Document Verification Round in which all the ORIGINAL Documents of candidates will be VERIFIED and in case of any discrepancy in any document the candidature of the subject will be CANCELLED.
All the candidates have to submit the following documents in ORIGINAL along with ONE set of Attested Copies at the time of document verification for NEET UG 2013 Counselling:
- Admit Card and Rank Letter issued by CBSE
- Certificate of Date of Birth (In case the Merit Certificate doesn’t have the same)
- Class X and XII Certificate
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- 2 Passport Sized photos same as the ones pasted on the application form
- SC/ST, OBC and Medical Fitness Certificate will be required at the time of Document Verification (as applicable).
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – HIGHLIGHTS:
- Provisional certificate of Class XII is allowed for only those students who have Cleared the qualifying exam in the year of 2013 only.
- The candidates without ORIGINAL certificates/documents will NOT be allowed to take admission at the College allotted to them via Counselling. Candidates who have been already given admission in MBBS Course and have submitted their ORIGINAL certificates in any Medical College/Institute/University and appear for Online NEET UG 2013 Counseling with a certificate clearly mentioning that “their original certificates are deposited with the Medical College/ Institute/University”, will NOT be allowed to take admission at the college allotted to them.
- The total annual intake as intimated by respective college/Institute, will be suitably hosted on the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare’s website: www.mohfw.nic.in and www.mcc.nic.in – the official portal for NEET UG 2013 Counselling.
- The candidates failing to register their names for Online Counseling within the stipulated time duration will forfeit their claim for a seat under All India Quota. Also, a candidate failing to join the college allotted to them by the last date of joining will also forfeit their claim of a seat under All India Quota.
- No candidate will be given extension of joining time by DGHS under any circumstances.
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – Various Rounds and their Details:
There will be 3 rounds of seat allotment via Online Counseling:
- Candidates who have been allocated seats in the 1st Round of Seat Allotment and have joined the colleges allocated to them may participate in 2nd or 3rd Round of counseling, as per their choice.
- Candidates have to submit their willingness for participating in further round of seat allotment Online, while they join the College allotted to them during 1st Round of Counseling.
- The vacancies caused due to failure of the allottees of first round to report for admission or resigning after joining would be filled via 2nd Round of NEET UG 2013 Counseling.
- All the vacant seats after the whole process of seat allotment via 3rd Round of counseling or seats remaining vacant thereafter owing to any reasons will be deemed to have been surrendered back to respective States or Colleges.
NEET UG 2013 Counselling – Reporting at Allotted Colleges after Joining Time:
- Every Candidate will be given 7- 10 days as per the allotment letter, issued to him/her on the date of physical reporting, to join the college or course allotted to them. The joining date will NOT be extended under any circumstances.
- The seat allotted will be FINAL ONE and Changing of allotted college/course from one place to another is NOT allowed. The DGHS will NOT entertain any request in this regard.
- All the candidates have to mandatorily carry their ORIGINAL certificates/documents as mentioned above. All the candidates are notified that their original documents can be kept with the institution till their course is completed.
- Mere participation in the Online NEET UG 2013 Counselling does not entitle any candidate for allocation / reallotment as it will be subject to seat availability and accepting the available seats at their ranks.
- Candidates shortlisted after counselling have to undergo medical examination at the Institutions on their own expenses on the notified date(s).
- In case, any candidate is NOT able to report for Medical Examination during NEET UG 2013 Counselling at the allotted College as per the released schedule owing to his/her medical condition or some other unavoidable circumstances and his/her parents or guardians come in person on the behalf of their ward for verifying the original certificates, the subject may considered for provisional admission.
- The formal admission of all the candidates will be confirmed only when they have been found medically fit and they fulfill other requirements before the commencement of classes.
- As per the norms of NEET UG 2013 Counselling, Candidates failing to attend medical examination as per the notified schedule are liable to forfeit their claim for admission and will NOT be considered eligible for next counselling round.
- The admission will be CANCELLED if the selected candidates don’t report to join the classes on the stipulated date or in caser their particulars are NOT found correct or who are found Medically UNFIT.
To know about NEET UG 2013 Counselling in more detail, refer to official website or Counselling Brochure.
Other Related Links: