The Medical Counselling Committee has released the NEET UG 2013 Cutoff or the Opening and Closing Ranks for all the exam takers. These ranks are for various courses and colleges for the academic year of 2012 – 13 and all the candidates are advised to go through them prior filling their choices for counselling. After the admission rounds are over, the MCC will also release the NEET UG 2013 Opening and Closing Ranks for each round of seat allotment. Choice submission for each round should be done accordingly only. The opening and closing ranks for last year can be seen at the following link:
WHAT is NEET UG 2013 Cutoff, Opening and Closing Ranks ???
- Every year the admission authorities decide the minimum marks and corresponding ranks to shortlist the number of candidates for final merit list. This minimum score which must be secured in order to be eligible for admissions is called as Cutoff.
- Candidates securing marks more than or equal to this cutoff will be included in final merit list and rest will be disqualified.
- Similarly, the NEET UG 2013 Opening and Closing Ranks are also decided. Ranks at which the admissions start are called as opening ranks and at which the admissions close are called as closing ranks.
- All the exam takers should go through these ranks so as to see which courses and colleges can be filled by them and at which round of counselling they will be able to get their choice allotment.
NEET UG 2013 Cutoff, Opening and Closing Ranks – How will it AFFECT Admissions???
- Exam takers whose marks are less than the cutoff released by the MCC will be disqualified straight away and thus will NOT be considered for the admission process.
- Also the successful candidates can refer to these cutoff scores and compare them with the cutoffs for last year to see which colleges can be filled by them.
- NEET UG 2013 Cutoff, Opening and Closing Ranks will thus offer the exact admission scenario of last year and the students will be able to see which colleges and courses can be allotted to them as per their ranks and in which round of counselling they will be able to get them.
NEET UG 2013 Cutoff, Opening and Closing Ranks will also be released after each round of admissions or seat allotment rounds which can be referred to by all the candidates so as to fill choices for further rounds in a better and informed manner.
Other Related Links: