Army College of Medical Sciences ( ACMS )
ACMS do not has its own Entrance exam it comes under the CET (Common Entrance Exam) and this Exam organised by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi.
Every details about CET Exam you will find it in IPUCET
The admission to Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) is exclusively for the children of serving / retired army personnel including those of war widows or Army.
No Of Seats: One hundred (100) seats.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) has been established by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) on 01 April 2008. The college is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) Delhi. There are 100 seats for MBBS course at ACMS. It is an unaided private college financially aided by AWES in addition to the tuition fee collected from the students. The academic session 2013-12 for the fourth batch will commence with effect from 01 Aug 2013.
The course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) shall be minimum of 4½ years followed by one year compulsory rotatory Internship.
- To provide quality medical education to the children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex-Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army.
- To encourage the students to join Armed Forces Medical Services after completion of the course.
Eligibility criteria for admission
Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.
Candidate should be of 17 (Seventeen) years as on the 31st Dec 2013.
Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Sciences (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognized University/Board of any Indian State with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional).
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Eligibility for admission to ACMS
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACMS at the time of Counseling/Admission:
The applicants must fall into any one of the following categories
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, Release/ Invalidment Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released after ten years of service.
Adopted/Step children and children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is other wise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Children of only those Army Medical Corps/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force are eligible who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
- Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-servicemen as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, letter No 9(52)/88/D(Res) dt 19 Jul 89.
- Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & completed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Note: Children of Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Rifles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS.
How to apply
The Admission Brochure along with Application form can be obtained from the designated Branches of Indian Bank for 1000/- or by post from GGSIP University Dwarka Sector - 16C, Delhi-110075 with a demand draft of ` 1100/- in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and payable at Delhi and a Self-addressed envelope of size not less than 24 x 30 cm. The detailed information is also available on University website www.ipu.ac.in
|1||Commencement of Sale of Admission Brochure-III along with Application
form from the designated branches of Indian Bank
|2|| Last date for receipt of request in the University for sending the Admission Brochure-III
along with the application form by Registered/Speed Post
|3||Last date for receipt of complete application form in the University||25.04.2013|
|4||Display of allotted Roll Numbers and Centers of CET Stage - 1 on the University Websit http://theacms.in/||02.05.2013|
|5||Date & Time of CET Stage - I||07.05.2013
|6||Date of declaration of Result of CET Stage- I
|7||Declaration of Test Centers for Stage-II on University Website||23.05.2013|
|8||Date & Time of CET Stage – II||28.05.2013
|9||Date of declaration of Result of CET Stage - II on the University Website||14.06.2013|
|10||Display of detailed Schedule of 1st Counseling on University Website||30.06.2013|
|11||Date of 1st Counseling for admission to be held in the University Campus||11.07.2013|
|12||Last date of withdrawal||03.08.2013|
|13||Display of detailed Schedule of 2nd Counseling on University Website||11.08.2013|
|14||Date of 2nd Counseling for admission to be held in University Campus||22.08.2013|
|15||Commencement of the Academic Session||01.08.2013|
Details of fee (per annum)
|1||College Tuition Fee & Instructional Support & Development Fee||1,95,000|
|3||Students Activity Fee||1,000|
|4||College Security Deposit (One time payment - Refundable)||5,000|
|5||Hostel Security Deposit (One time payment - Refundable)||10,000|
Note: If the fee is revised at any time during the course duly approved by State Fee Regulatory Committee,students will be required to pay at the revised rates.During the 4 ½ years course of MBBS (total 9 semesters) fee will be charged on annual basis i.e. for 2 semesters each. However for 9 th semester, 50% of the annual fee shall be charged. Admitted students shall further pay their Hostel Fee as charged by the College.
Some important links of IPU CET 2013 :-
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2013:-