Jamia Milia Islamia was established in 1920 by a group of nationalist Muslim intelligentsia at Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh). Its campus shifted from Aligarh to Delhi in 1925 and the foundation stone of the present campus was laid on 1 March 1930.
Jamia Milia Islamia conducts separate entrance examination for admission to its BDS course every year. Jamia Milia Islamia is a university with historical significance and was established even before independence of our country. It is a highly reputed university for higher education in a number of fields like Social Sciences, Literature, Arts, Applied Sciences, Management, Media, Engineering etc.
Course Offered by JMI 2012
|Course||Duration||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||5 years||50|
Eligibility Criteria :
- 17 years on or before December 31, 2012
- An applicant must have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination of a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the Entrance Test. In respect of the candidates belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes or any other categories notified by the Government, the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry and the Biology taken together in qualifying.
Reservation of Seats:
The relaxation of marks will not be applicable to the candidates applying for admission to the courses offered by the Faculty of Dentistry .
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
22.5 % of seats in all courses will be reserved for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates in the following order:
(i) 15% of seats will be reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7.5 % for Scheduled Tribes.
(ii) The reservation, is interchangeable i.e. if sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for Scheduled Tribes, they may be filled up by suitable candidates from Scheduled Castes and vice-versa.
(iii) Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes will be given relaxation to the extent of 5% in the aggregate of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
(iv) The applicant in this category must submit at the time of interview a certificate of verification.
(v) An Application Form received without the certificate of verification of the claimed category is liable to be rejected.
(vi) The vacant seats of SC/ST which can not be filled, due to non-availability of either Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe candidates or both, with the pass marks in the entrance test, if any, may be thrown open to the general category in that year after notification and obtaining concurrence of the Special Commission for Scheduled Castes/Tribes of the University Grants Commission and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Persons with Disabilities
3% seats in all courses will be reserved for physically challenged . Candidates under this category will be given relaxation to the extent of 5% marks in the qualifying examination. Person suffering from not less than forty percent (40%) of any disability as certified by a competent medical authority, would be considered for admission under this category.
Internal (Jamia) Students
25% seats in all courses will be filled by internal students of Jamia who have passed their qualifying examination from the Jamia provided they fulfil the minimum requirements for the course and qualify the prescribed Entrance Test(s), unless otherwise specified.
NOTE: Students permitted to appear in various examinations of Jamia as Private Candidates/Distance Mode, shall not be entitled for consideration under the internal (Jamia) category.
- Expected Date of Entrance Test : last week of May 2012
Jamia Milia Islamia
Maulana Mohd. Ali Jauhar Marg,
Jamia nagar, New Delhi
Phone-No: +91(11)26981717, 26988044, 26984075, 26985176
Fax: +91(11)2698 0229
Other Related Link:
- Jamia Milia Islamia 2012
- Jamia Milia Islamia 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- Jamia Milia Islamia 2012 Important Date
- Jamia Milia Islamia 2012 Notification
For More Information Regarding Medical Entrance Exam 2012: