Government of Karnataka Examinations Authority
Admission To Professional Courses in Karnataka ( KCET 2011) for the Year 2011-12
Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Karnataka including the wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for registration for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2011" for admissions to first year Medical / Dental / Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani /Naturopathy & Yoga courses for the seats to be notified by the Government in the Professional Educational Institutions in the state of Karnataka for the academic year 2011-12.
A candidate must appear for the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority, for PCB subjects in case of admission to Medical/ Dental /Ayurveda / Homeopathy / Unani I Naturopathy & Yoga courses and PCM subjects in case of admission to Engineering /Technology courses. For admission to Architecture course the candidate must appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture and they must compulsorily obtain KCET 2011 brochure and submit the filled application form.
The merit will be determined in accordance with the provisions of the “Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government Seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules, 2006".
4. Academic Eligibility
- For Medical I Dental courses, the applicant should have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC I 12th std. Or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and with English as one of the languages of study and have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in the PCB group and should secure a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in PCB subjects in the Common Entrance Test. In case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Category-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and SB), the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% of marks in aggregate in PCB group both in Qualifying Examination and Common Entrance Test.
- For Ayurveda / Homeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy &Yoga courses, the applicant should have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC I 12th std. or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and with English as one of the languages of study and have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in PCB group irrespective of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test. In case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Category-1, ZA, 2B, 3Aand 3B), the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% of marks in aggregate in PCB group in the qualifying examination. For admission to Medical / Dental /Ayurveda I Homeopathy I Unani I Naturopathy & Yoga courses, the candidate should have completed the age of 1 7 years as on 3lst of December 2011.
- A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through the KEA (KCET Cell) in any of the previous years will not be eligible to appear for the Common Entrance Test-2011 for selection of a seat in the same discipline. Such candidate will immediately forfeit the seat selected by him during the previous years, upon selection of a seat in a different discipline during the year.
- The merit list of candidates for admission to Medical and Dental courses will be determined only on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in PCB subjects, taken together, in the Common Entrance Test. For Ayurveda I Homeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy & Yoga I courses, the merit list will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the respective optional subjects, in both qualifying examination and the Common Entrance Test taken in equal proportions.
5. Supply of Brochure Cum application Form :
Brochure cum application form will be supplied through the schools I colleges located within the State of Karnataka in which the students are studying 2nd PUC or 12th standard examination upon submission of Demand Draft for Rs. 650/- to the Principals in advance, drawn in favour of “The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore", payable at Bangalore and Rs. 500/- for students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Category-1. The repeater and ex-students who have passed the qualifying examination within the State of Karnataka before 2010 should also submit the demand draft for the above said amount to the respective schools I college. The Last date for submission of Demand Draft to the Principal of Schools and Colleges within Karnataka will be 11.03.2011.
The Karnataka candidates residing outside Karnataka (Horanadu, Gadinadu and other Karnataka candidates i.e., who fulfils the eligibility conditions) who are studying or who have studied 12th standard or equivalent examination outside the State of Karnataka, within the territory of India, can procure the brochure cum application form by “Speed Post“, by sending a self-addressed cloth-lined envelope of size 25 cm x 30 cm along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 750/- drawn in favour of “The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore", payable at Bangalore and a Karnataka candidate residing outside India can get the brochure cum application form by sending a demand draft for Rs. 5,000/-_ The contents on the self-addressed envelope should be in English or Kannada language only. The cover in which the demand draft and self-addressed envelope are sent should be boldly super scribed with the words “Request for KCET 2011 brochure" and should be sent to the following address of Executive Director by “Speed Post” only. The KEA will not take responsibility for the envelopes sent through courier or given in person or through any other private arrangement and also for incomplete and insufficient address on the envelope. The last date for submission of Demand Drafts by “Speed Post” will be 15.03.2011.
The Brochure will be supplied to the schools & colleges in Karnataka & also to the students who are residing outside the State of Karnataka on or after 21.03.2011.
|*Kannada Language Test Only For|
|26-04-2011||Tuesday||02.00 PM||Gadinadu Kannasiga Candidates|
|04.00PM||Horanadu Kannadiga Candidates|
Common Entrance Test 2011 Time Table
|27-04-2011||Wednesday||10.30AM - 11.50AM||Biology||60|
|02.30PM - 03.50PM||
|28-04-2011||Thursday||10.30AM - 11.50AM||Physics||60|
|02.30PM - 03.50PM||Chemistry||60|
* Kannada Language Test will be held in the premises of KEA, Bangalore, at the address given below:
For more details regarding various conditions to claim eligibility for Government seats, visit KEA Website : http://kea.kar.nic.in
Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560 012.
Phone : O80 - 2346 1575, 2346 2758, 2346 2599,
Fax : 080 - 2346 1576,
Website : http://kea.kar.nic.in
Other Related Links:
- KCET 2011
- KCET 2011 Notification
- KCET 2011 Application Submission process
- KCET 2011 Important Dates
- KCET 2011 Answer Key
- KCET 2011 Result
- KCET 2011 Counselling
- KCET 2010
For More Information Regarding Medical Entrance Exam 2011:-
- karnataka (cet) 2013 answer key
- karnataka (cet) 2013 counselling
- karnataka (cet) 2013 result
- karnataka (cet)2013
- kcet 2013 centers of examination
- kcet 2013 examination details
- kcet 2013 practice papers
- kcet 2013 admission notification
- kcet 2013 admission ticket
- kcet 2013 admit card
- kcet 2013 application submission process
- kcet 2013 important dates
- kcet 2013 notification
- number of colleges in kcet 2013