Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Kolhapur
Admission Notification AICET 2011-12
Admission Procedure for AICET 2011
Without prejudice to generality, the admissions to the courses shall be carried out as per the following procedure:
Course-wise Intake Capacity and Distribution of Seats
Intake Capacity :MBBS-100 , BPTh- 30, B.Sc. (N) -50
Distribution of Seats
The distribution of seats to MBBS, B.SC(N), B.PTH will be as follows:
Management Seats (15%)
Reservations will be as per directives of the Government of India for Deemed-to-be-Universities issued through the UGC, as and when received.
Procedure and Definitions:
General Category: Admissions to this category shall be made on the basis of the inter se merit of the candidates qualified at AICET 2011
NRI/PIO/FN Category/Management Category:
For admissions under these categories priority will be given to bonafide NRI/PIO/FN category candidates. The seats remaining vacant, if any, will be filled from the candidates applying under the Management Category.
A person belonging to this category is not required to appear at the AICET 2011. However, he/she shall submit a separate application, in the specifically prescribed form, available in the office of D.Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University and on the University website. A committee, appointed by the competent authority for the purpose, shall admit candidates on the basis of inter se merit of the applicants, (decided on the basis of the academic record of the candidate, the standing of the institution from which the candidate has obtained the entry qualifications, etc.
In case, the seats earmarked for NRIs/PIOs/FNs are not filled in by candidates of any of these sub-categories, the management shall fill in these vacant seats from the candidates, who have cleared the AICET 2011 , according to their merit in the AICET 2011. The candidates appearing for the entrance test AICET- and willing to be considered against such possible vacancies should submit a separate application in the prescribed form for consideration. The formic available in the D.Y.Patil Education Society Deemed University office and on the D.Y.Patil University website.
In this context, the bonafide NRIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals are defined as follows:
NRI is a person who is "not a resident" or who is "not ordinarily resident" in India. A person is treated as "not ordinarily resident"
(i) if he/she has been resident in India for less than 182 days in the year proceeding the date of application; or
(ii) If he/she has been in India for less than days during the four years immediately proceeding the date of application.
PIO is a person having foreign citizenship (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) within NRI status, but who holds a foreign passport at the time of sending application or at the time of consideration of admission and during the period of his study whose one/both parents or anyone/both grandparents is (or was)/are (or were) citizen(s) of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India under Section 2(b) of Citizenship Act 1955(ActNo.57 of 1955).
FN is a person having citizenship of a foreign country (any country other than India) and not having the status "NRI" / "PIO". Important: Under the NRI, PIO and FN categories, only those students who have studied and passed the qualifying examination from schools and/or colleges located in foreign countries (all countries other than India)
shall be considered. This will include the students studying in schools "NRI" / "PIO". Important: Under the NRI, PIO and FN categories, only those students who have studied and passed the qualifying examination from schools and/or colleges located in foreign countries (all countries other than India) shall be considered. This will include the students studying in schools.
Eligibility: Only the candidate, who satisfy or is likely to satisfy the following eligibility requirements for admission to the course, shall be considered eligible to appear for the AICET 2011.
Nationality and Age:
The candidate, seeking to appear at the AICET 2011 shall be an Indian national and shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31stDec. 2011 or as prescribed by the concerned council.
- Passed the Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) examination / the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination / Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examination or any other examination equivalent to 10+2 HSC examination of any recognized Board/University from any school/college situated in India after 12 years of study. The candidate with other qualifications shall have to get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities(AIU),New Delhi.
- The candidate, seeking admission to the course, shall have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained at least 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination, i.e.,10+2 /HSC or an equivalent examination.
- The candidates belonging to the Backward classes shall have obtained at least 40percent marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in the qualifying examination(HSC or equivalent) as per course qualification.
- A candidate who has appeared or is likely to appear for qualifying examination i.e. H.S.C. etc. and whose results have not been declared at the time of AICET 2011 shall also be considered eligible to appear for AICET 2011, provided he/she has offered the above mentioned subjects at the said qualifying examinations.
- CET-Marks Eligibility for Admission to MBBS Course : A candidate must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at Common Entrance Test AICET 2011 .
- CET-Marks for Admission to B.P.Th Course as per the inter -se –merit of AICET 2011
- A candidate will be selected on the basis of merit in Common Entrance Test AICET 2011
- CET-Marks for Admission to B.Sc Nursing:A candidate will be selected on the basis of merit in Common Entrance Test AICET 2011
Eligibility for NRI/PIO/FN
A candidate in any of these categories shall have completed 17years of age on or before 31st December 2011.He/she must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at the CBSE, ISC,HSC or an equivalent examination. In the case of a student from any school that follows the American system of education, the candidate must have studied Physics,
Chemistry and Biology at 'AP' (Advanced Placement) level and must have minimum 'C' grade in these subjects. The candidate is advised not to submit the application form for appearing for AICET 2011 , if he/she does not fulfill any of the above-mentioned eligibility requirements. If a candidate fails to fulfill the relevant eligibility requirements,
mentioned at and he/she shall not be considered eligible for seeking admission to the course, even if he/she is placed in the merit list of the AICET 2011. The admission rules of concerned Central Council shall supercede.
A candidate is required to fill the prescribed application form appended to this brochure and submit the same to the Registrar of the University, on or before the scheduled date.
Annual fee structure for the candidate, admitted to the course, under different categories shall be as follows:
|Course||Tuition fee p.a.|
|1)MBBS General category
NRI / PIO / Foreign National
|2) B.P.Th||Rs. 40,000/-|
|3) B.Sc. Nursing||Rs. 50,000/-|
Note: In addition to the above mentioned fees, For MBBS: On admission, the candidate shall be required to pay University Eligibility Feeswhichshallbe10%of tuition fee for 1st year only and Development fee shall be 10% of tution fees every year. In addition to this the candidate has to pay Examination Fees, as may be prescribed by the University from time to time. In case any seat earmarked for NRI / PIO/ FNs is not filled in by the candidates of any of these sub-categories, the management shall fill in such vacant seat(s) from the candidate(s)who has / have cleared theAICET-10 and has / have applied for the seat separately in the prescribed form available in the University office. The tuition fees payable by such candidates shall be Rs.5.00 Lakhs for MBBS and University eligibility and development fees as per above percentage.
Rules for Refund of Fees :
Admission to the course can be cancelled on the written request of the student on submission of an application, in the refund of the fees in such case shall be done as per the following chart :
|Period from the date of Counselling and on-the-spot Provisional Admission of||Percentage of Deduction Tuition Fees|
|Within 15 calendar days||15%|
|After 15 calendar days but before 30calendar days||30%|
|After 30 calendar days||No Refund|
Availability of AICET 2011 Forms:
Application Forms and Information Brochures are available at the following branches of United Bank of India:
- Mumbai : United Bank of India Bldg.,25 , Sir Firoz Shah Mehta Road, Fort, Mumbai -400001 Ph.22871261, 22871262, 22871401
- Baroda: Near Raopura Tower,Kailas Bldg, Raopura,Baroda - 390001 Ph.0265-2425683, 2424050
Application forms and Information Brochures are also available at
- Delhi : Budaniya Book Shop No. (Basement) Central Market, West Punjab Bagh,Delhi - 26,
Ph- (+91-11) 32991066,45087785Cell - -099107-49282
- Chandigarh: Budaniya Book Shop, Ph.:0172- 2605730 / 5074339 /2663389 / 2727710
- Kolhapur: :D.Y.Patil Education Society Deemed University,869 'E'D.Y.Patil Vidyanagar, Kasaba Bawada, Kolhapur.416006
Ph.0231 - 2601235,2601236.
- Pune:Pragati Book Center,157 ,Budhavar Peth, Opp.RatanTalkies,Pune.Ph:020- 66022707, 66017784.
- Kolkata: Shiksha,BC-165 , Sector - 1, Saltlake Kolkata - 64,Near BB/BCPark Bus Stop, SaltLake, Phadi.
Ph.: 03340041651, Mob.: 09831088815
- Hyderabad: Kab Publications,3-6-725 StreetNo. 11,Himayatnagar Hyd.- 29, Ph.No.:040-27654225, 27626194.
- Jaipur: Dr.Achala Garg DAV College, Adarsh Nagar BurfKhana, Jaipur
- Patna: Wings Customer Care, Ashok Nagar,Ram Lakhan Path,RoadNo.8, Sitaram Singh Market, Kankarbagh,Patna - ,Bihar
Tel :09334336364, 09386849040
:Budaniya Book Shop, New Lalji Tola,Barhiya Kothi,Patna-1 Ph-(+91-0612) 3266105, Cell: 098350-79987, 093084-55721
Price of Information Brochure and Application Form Rs.600/- Entrance Test Fee (without late) up to 30thApril Rs.1,000/- Entrance Test Fee (with late)up to 11thMay Rs. 1,500/- With Additional late Fee up to 20th May Rs. 2,500/-
All these fees are non-refundable.
Application form and information brochure are also be available on the website:
www.dypatilunikop.org . The application form can be downloaded. Candidates may fill this form and despatch the same to the University along with a demand draft of amount. (Price of Information Brochure +Entrance Test Fee)Demand Draft should be drawn on any Nationalized Bank, in favor of 'Registrar, D. Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University , payable at Kolhapur. Request for a change of Test Center, once selected, shall not be entertained.
Calender of Events
|Last date for submitting the application form to D.Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University Kolhapur for All India Common Entrance Test 2011||1)Without late fees :30th April 2011, up to 5.00pm.
2) With late fees :11 th May,2011 up to 5.00p.m.
3)With additional late fees: 19th May 2011 up to 5.00p.m. for Kolhapur Center only.
|Dispatch of admit cards to candidates who are Considered provisionally eligible for AICET 2011||Two weeks before the day of AICET 2011|
|Issue of duplicate admit cards Duplicate admit cards will be issued to the Candidates who have not received the same||These will be available at AICET centers between 08.30a.m. to 10.30a.m. on the day of AICET 2011.|
|Date & time of AICET 2011||Saturday 21st May 2011 from 11.00 am. to 2 .00 pm.|
|Declaration of result||17th June 2011 at 5.00 pm|
|Schedule of admission||MBBS: On 27th June 2011
B.Sc(N) : On 20th July 2011
B.P.Th : On 20th July 2011
|Venue of admission sessions||D.Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University, 869, ' E' Kasaba Bawada, D. Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Kolhapur - 416006|
|Certificates / Documents to be brought by Candidate on the date of admission||As mentioned in Annexure-I|
|College to open on||1st August 2011|
Schedule of Admissions
The admissions shall be done on the basis of the merit as ascertained from the performance of the candidates in All India Common Entrance Test-2011 (AICET 2011 ) and their respective preferences given in the Application form and also fulfill the eligibility criteria, mentioned at paragraphs 4,4.1 and 4.2 The candidates shall attend On-The-Spot- Admission Session as per the following schedule:
|Course||Date||Candidates called for
on the Spot Admission
|M.B.B.S||27th June 2011
3rd July 2011
|Merit Nos. 001 to 100
Merit Nos. 101 to 150
|10 a.m. onwards
10 a.m. onwards
|B.Sc.(N)||17th July 2011||All Candidates||10 a.m. onwards|
|B.P.Th.||17th July 2011||All Candidates||10 a.m. onwards|
Note: For vacant seats if any, next programme of admission will be declared later on, please observe website
- New Mumbai
- New Delhi
Source: Click here
Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Kolhapur
D. Y. Patil Vidyanagar, Kasba Bawda,
Phon no:(0231) 2601235/36, 2601595
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2011:
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 admit card
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 answer key
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 centers of examination
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 counselling
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 exam details
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 exam pattern
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 merit list
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 number of seats
- dr.d.y.patil aicet 2013 result
- dr.d.y.patil aicet notification 2013