PMET 2012(Punjab Medical Entrance Test)
Punjab Medical Entrance Test(PMET) is an Entrance examination conducted each year for admission to various bachelor medical courses which are MBBS,BDS,BAMS and BHMS in all the medical, dental, Ayurvedic/ Homoeopathic Institutes across Punjab. Punjab Medical Entrance Test is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot on behalf of Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar.
There are about 20 medical/dental colleges in Punjab for which admission is done through Punjab Medical Entrance Test. In all these colleges 85% seats are reserved for Punjab candidates and 15% seats for Outside Punjab candidates for BDS Courses. A large number of candidates appear for PMET every year and the competition is quite tough so candidates have to really work very hard to get admission through PMET.
- A candidate should be a bonafide resident of Punjab with Punjab domicile.
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with atleast 50% marks(40% for SC/BC) in all these subjects. Also a candidate should have passed in English as well. Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2012 can also apply.
- Also a candidate should have attained the age of 17 years
Reservation of seats :
- 85% seats reserved for Punjab students ( Based on PMET 2012 score )
- 15% seats reserved for other states students ( Based on PMET 2012 score for BDS course )
Expected Exam Date of PMET 2012:-
Date of Entrance Examination: 20th May 2012
Colleges under Exam:
There are 20 colleges under the Exam
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences,
Sadiq Road, Faridkot-151203
Other Related Link:
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2012:-