Q1. What is the eligibility criteria?
Ans. Eligibility criteria for TNPCEE is:
- To appear in the TNPCEE 2012, candidates need to fulfill the following criteria.
- Candidates should have passed the HSC or qualifying examination with certain minimum percentage of marks as specified in specific course.
- For MBBS / BDS / B.Pharm / BSMS / BHMS / BPT / B.Sc Nursing/ B.Sc (Agriculture)/B.Sc (Forestry) / B.V.Sc / B.F.Sc courses candidates must have secured 60% in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- Those who are appearing in the HSC or qualifying examination in the current year are also eligible for TNPCEE 2012
- There are relaxations of percentage of marks in case of backward class candidates.
- Candidates should meet the nativity/domicile requirements of Tamil Nadu as laid down by the respective Admitting Authorities for admission to their Professional Courses.
- Other State candidates are not permitted to some of the Professional Courses under TNPCEE.
Q2. What is the expected exam date?
Ans. The expected exam date is in the month of April
Q3. How is the rank of the students decided?
Ans. The rank of the students is determined on the basis of performance of the candidate in the TNPCEE 2012 and Class 12 Board Examination. The TNPCEE carries 100 marks whereas the Class 12 Board Examination carries 200 marks (marks secured in Class 12 Board Exam of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry normalized to 100 marks, 50 marks and 50 marks respectively).
Q4. Is it a state level exam or an All-India level exam?
Ans. It is a state level exam
Q5. What are the contact details?
Ans. Contact address: www.annauniv.edu
Other Related Link:
- TNPCEE 2012
- TNPCEE 2012 Answer Key
- TNPCEE 2012 Result
- TNPCEE 2011
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2012:-