Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examinations (TNPCEE) is an entry level test conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for candidates who seek admission to all Professional Courses in Tamil Nadu. Besides Anna University there are many participating institutes of TNPCEE.
The rank of the students is determined on the basis of performance of the candidate in the TNPCEE 2012 and Class 12 Board Examination. The TNPCEE carries 100 marks whereas the Class 12 Board Examination carries 200 marks (marks secured in Class 12 Board Exam of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry normalized to 100 marks, 50 marks and 50 marks respectively).
- To appear in the TNPCEE 2012, candidates need to fulfill the following criteria.
- Candidates should have passed the HSC or qualifying examination with certain minimum percentage of marks as specified in specific course.
- For MBBS / BDS / B.Pharm / BSMS / BHMS / BPT / B.Sc Nursing/ B.Sc (Agriculture)/B.Sc (Forestry) / B.V.Sc / B.F.Sc courses candidates must have secured 60% in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- Those who are appearing in the HSC or qualifying examination in the current year are also eligible for TNPCEE 2012
- There are relaxations of percentage of marks in case of backward class candidates.
- Candidates should meet the nativity/domicile requirements of Tamil Nadu as laid down by the respective Admitting Authorities for admission to their Professional Courses.
- Other State candidates are not permitted to some of the Professional Courses under TNPCEE.
Applications are invited for Admission to the following programmes for the Academic Year 2012 - 2013
01. M.B.B.S. - Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
02. B.D.S. - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Eligibility Criteria for Annamalai University 2012
Any candidate who is a Citizen of India with the following Academic Qualification can apply:
Pass in Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) of Tamil Nadu with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes are however eligible if they have 40% aggregate marks taken together in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology and have passed the examination in those subjects as well as in English.
Maximum Number of Attempts for MBBS & BDS Programmes
|Community||Maximum no. of||Maximum Total No. of|
||Attempts to Pass||Improvements||Appearances|
Age Limit: For MBBS / BDS, the candidates should have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2012.
Candidates who wish to apply for MBBS/BDS will have to appear compulsorily for the Common Entrance Examinations conducting by the University which is to be held on first week of May 2012.
|Issue of Application Commences from||first week of April 2012
|Last Date for Issue and Receipt of Application forms(for MBBS, BDS)||Second week of June 2012|
|Candidates (for MBBS, BDS) will have to appear for compulsorily test held on||first week of May 2012
Other Related Link:
- TNPCEE 2012
- TNPCEE 2012 Answer Key
- TNPCEE 2012 Counseling
- TNPCEE 2012 Result
- TNPCEE 2012 FAQs
- TNPCEE 2011
Some other important links regarding Entrance Exam 2012: